Affiliated to Sikkim University, A Central University established by an Act of Parliament of India, 2007.
Approved by GOS, NAAC accredited, Recognised by N.C.T.E. and by the UGC u/s 2(f) of UGC Act 1956
To provide knowledge and understanding of pedagogy and skills essential for quality education.
- To help the teachers in understanding the nature of child, i.e. his or her abilities, aptitudes, emotion, instinct, ambition and intelligence etc.
- To assist teachers in understanding principles, techniques, methods, process of teaching and learning.
- To help teachers in organizing, supervising and participating in curricular and co-curricular activities of the schools
- To provide knowledge regarding various teaching aids, print media and electronic media, which are essential to facilitate the teaching and learning process
- To provide a clear understanding of the historical background of Indian education vis-a - vis education system of other countries
- To prepare above all quality teachers who can bring desired change to the Society through educational inputs by realizing their responsibilities to the community
- To encourage academic pursuits on the basis of research & development undertaking various projects.
- Preparation of resourceful and skilled teachers.
- Inculcation of values of citizenship/leadership, integrity, national solidarity and other national values required for being true and responsible citizen of the nation.
- Imparting training in teaching skills and acquainting them with modern trends of education and evaluation system for quality education.
- Making them committed, devoted to the teaching for overhauling the scenario of qualitative improvement.
- Providing knowledge and understanding of pedagogy for assisting the student teachers for effective transaction of teaching-learning.
- Acquainting the student teachers with modern means of educational technology and communication system.