Affiliated to Sikkim University, A Central University established by an Act of Parliament of India, 2007.
Approved by GOS, NAAC accredited, Recognised by N.C.T.E. and by the UGC u/s 2(f) of UGC Act 1956
The M.Ed. course is approved by NCTE vide Order No. ERC/7 - 56.11 (6) 2005/1480 dated May 12, 2005, affiliated to Sikkim University vide letter No. SU/CORS/Pvt College/2008/169 dated 2nd Sept 2008 and is approved by GOS vide Order No. 237/Est-l dated December 27, 2004. In 2014, because of introduction of two years course of M.Ed., the NCTE has recognized the course for one basic unit (50 students), vide letter no. F.ERC/NCTE/ERC APE 00243/B.Ed. (Revised order)/2015/31693. It is of two year duration having four semesters. Copies of syllabus are supplied to the students during the course period.
Eligibility for M.Ed Admission
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. programme should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programmes: B.Ed., B.A. B.Ed. and B.Sc. B.Ed., B.El.Ed., D.El.Ed. with an undergraduate degree with 50% marks in each.
Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other applicable categories shall be as per the rules of the central/state govt., whichever is applicable.
Procedure for Admission to M.Ed Course
Students seeking admission should submit the applications in the prescribed form, attached to the prospectus, duly filled in and signed by the applicant. The Prospectus-cum-Information Brochure along with application form can be collected from the college on payment of Rs. 300/- (three hundred) only either in person or by sending DD of Rs. 350/- (Three hundred & fifty) only drawn in favour of Harkamaya College of Education payable at Gangtok. The application form can be downloaded from the website and the submission of downloaded form must accompany the cost of the application in the form of D.D. Incomplete application form will summarily be rejected without intimating to the candidate. The application should be accompanied with the following documents.
- Original (for verification) and photocopies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations passed.
- One copy of date of birth certificate.
- Relieve order from the authority if employed.
- Migration Certificate in original. (Students passing from Sikkim University need not submit migration certificate).
- One copy of University registration certificate for the candidates passing from Sikkim University.
- Three copies of passport size photographs.
- Caste certificate for ST/ SC/OBC candidates.
- Copy of Intimation Letter.
- College leaving certificate.
- Affidavit of the candidate and his/her natural guardian not to indulge in ragging or any other activities not permissible under rules both in college and hostel.
- Cash or DD of Rs. 56,000/- drawn in favour of Harkamaya College of Education and payable at Gangtok, as 1st installment.
The purchase of Prospectus-cum-Information Brochure does not give right to admission if application is not submitted in time with complete documents. Admission will be finalized on the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test/Merits.
The fee is payable in four installments covering the course fee for two academic years. The failed or readmitted candidates have to take afresh admission. The details of fee structure are as under:
(Payable at the
time of admission)
1st. sem. exam.)
3rd. sem. exam.)
|4||Fee for ICT Lab / Laboratory||9,000.00||9,000.00||9,000.00||9,000.00|
Fee once paid is not refundable. University Examinations fee shall be collected separately as and when required by the University.
Foreign students have to pay Foreign Student's Registration Fee separately.
Utility fee includes:
- Fee for Practice Teaching and Practicals
- Fee for Extra Mural Activities
- Establishment Fee